Sunday, June 20, 2010

Success - Failure - Success - Failure

I can't see the forest for the trees, but I know if I keep cutting down trees eventually I will have a better view. This is how it feels my world filled from morning to night with experimental materials and schemes. I can't seem to stop figuring ways to mix one product with another to try and get to a final product, that I can no longer figure out what it is. I've got laboratories set up everywhere I go with a painting technique here a molding technique there, a drying area under the hood of my old F250 truck and gallery built into the back of my Mitsubishi truck. Every square inch of my back yard has some purpose, from the stump for cleaning brushes to my craps table for flattening out and applying gesso to canvas. I've even got plaster frames hanging from my deck by strings like a deer being cleaned so that can test the bond of the hangin hooks I've installed hoping the pieces don't crash to the ground. It's a big mess with me being pulled from one type of experiment to the other and I know longer am sure just what the hell I am making any more.

Today I did get to a product that I could describe as a metal sticker. My oldest daughter thought it was absurd, but I am impressed with the flexibility of the material I have concocted. I can figure some other ways to use this technique, but I am not sure what it is that people need. I spent a good part of the afternoon thinking about what is something that everyone has, or wants, besides money, and I can't come up with anything that isn't electronic that people have a definite need for that is decorative and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment